LUNA Language Services is proud to announce that we have created a service line specifically to support communications through our virtual service capabilities as businesses continue to transition to more remote work spaces.
LUNA provides virtual interpreting services in over 100 spoken languages as well as American Sign Language (ASL). All of our interpreters are highly qualified and have experience in a variety of professional settings.
Virtual Spoken Language Interpreter
LUNA provides interpreting services for your live or recorded virtual meetings and webinars utilizing LUNA’s interpreters remotely.
- Ensure your meetings and online training sessions are accessible and inclusive to team members who speak different languages.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this service.
LUNA also provides written translation services in over 200 languages.
- This could be helpful for translating meeting documents, training materials and transcripts of recorded meetings or webinars for team members.
- Email email@example.com to inquire about this service.
Virtual ASL Interpreter
LUNA provides ASL interpreting services for your live or recorded virtual meetings and webinars utilizing LUNA’s interpreters remotely.
- Ensure your meetings are accessible to your Deaf and hard of hearing audience members with virtual ASL interpreting services.
- Email ASL@luna360.com for inquiries about this service.
LUNA also provides Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) services, or live captioning services.
- This could be helpful for captioning live meetings or webinars for Deaf and hard of hearing team members.
- Email ASL@luna360.com to inquire about this service.
Technology Requirement: Clients can utilize their own virtual meeting platforms if they already have those in place OR LUNA can set up a virtual meeting for the host and the team members or audience to facilitate communication. Here are Zoom’s online instructions for establishing one user as a language interpreter during a session or meeting.
LUNA recommends that a minimum internet speed of 1 MBPS (megabytes per second) is provided to ensure that effective visibility is provided for comprehension of ASL. Check your internet speed here.
Pricing: LUNA will charge our hourly interpreting rates, charging in 15 minute increments after the minimum is reached per our normal policy.
How to Request Virtual Interpreting Support:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for spoken language requests or ASL@luna360.com for ASL service requests.
- Request a virtual interpreter.
– Specify the language for which you are requesting services.
– Share the name of the LEP (limited English proficient) person(s) involved in the meeting if possible.
- Provide the date, time, and duration of the session(s) you’d like to schedule.
- Establish the information for the virtual meeting room of your choice:
– Provide LUNA with the link and any login information for the interpreter to access the session through your chosen platform.
– OR request that LUNA set up a virtual meeting through our Zoom platform for you to share with the meeting attendee(s) and for LUNA to coordinate with our interpreter.
- Provide contact information for the host(s) of the session(s) you are scheduling.
- Share any helpful prep materials for the interpreter.
– This may be a meeting agenda, documents you’ll be reviewing, or presentation materials.
To learn more about our virtual interpreting services, click here.