LUNA Language Services provides a wide range of language services and professional development training for service providers interacting with clients who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing or have limited English proficiency (LEP). These training options satisfy federal requirements under the Americans Disabilities Act, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and “CLAS Standards” for cultural and linguistic accessibility. Specialized training covers all major language and ethnic groups represented in Indiana. Furthermore, professional development and skills training is available for bilingual staff acting as interpreters.
- 2-hour training on cultural responsiveness and cultural sensitivity
- 2-hour training for duty to provide equal access to services and best practices when using interpreters
- 2-hour training on Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-Blind culture
- 8-hour training of bilingual staff or volunteer interpreters including ethics, professionalism, confidentiality, conduct, and basic interpreting skills
- 6-hour medical terminology training, including insurance terminology
- 6-hour mental health training
- 40-hour interpreter training program for bilingual staff through Bridging the Gap Medical Interpreter Training
Professional development trainings are language neutral and can be customized for half-day, full-day or 20-hour programs.
Bridging the Gap is a nationally recognized training for spoken language interpreters in the medical setting. This language neutral, 40-hour training course covers: basic interpreter skill, information on health care, culture in interpreting, communication skills for advocacy, and professional development.
These modules are part of the company’s advocacy efforts to promote equal access to services for people who do not speak English in our community, build the capacity of our bilingual workforce, and reduce potential legal liability for our clients and partners. Trainings can be customized to meet the specific needs of your organization.
For more information on any of our training programs, email training@LUNA360.com.