Our Work Standards Include:
- Dedicated project managers that supervise the process from start to finish
- Qualified professional translators with experience working in patent translations and expertise in the subject matter, including the ability to translate specific technical and scientific terms
- A strict confidentiality agreement protecting any sensitive information
- A final deliverable will be a finished digital document, designed to your specifications, eliminating additional necessary steps in your document translation process.
- A guarantee of quality and client satisfaction with any documents we may translate
- Certified to ISO 9001:2015 and 17100:2015 standards ensuring our processes and procedures follow the highest standards in the industry.
Specifics of Patent Translation
To protect your patent, the timely filing of patent documents in the appropriate offices and in every necessary language is crucial. This helps mitigate the risk of losing your hard work due to ineffective and inconsistent global patent-rights enforcement. To keep control of your patent, you’ll need a translation agency to operate quickly and efficiently, while still complying with the required standards for patent translations. If not done correctly, you could find yourself fighting a protracted and possibly losing battle in foreign courts.
Here are some things to keep in mind when looking into patent translation:
- A patent can be valid for about 20 years depending on the country, so any information discrepancies or technical inaccuracies when filing a patent might have long-term consequences. Comparatively, any costs you bear to translate a patent for filing are negligible.
- When filing for a patent, slight language nuances may make the difference between the acceptance and rejection of your patent.
- The foreign-language expert selected to translate a patent must not only be a skilled translator, but an expert in all relevant subject terms, including technology, science, or medicine.
How Long Does Patent Translation Take?
As with all translation services, the answer depends on the scope and type of patent translation. To give a rough estimate, translators are usually able to translate close to 2,000 words per working day. If you need to translate a large volume of text in a short time, as is often the case in patents, the project will most likely be divided among a team. This carefully chosen team will work collaboratively to translate your patent at the highest possible speed, to help protect your IP.
We Take Pride In Our Work
Always striving to be a leading company in patent translation solutions, we adhere to the highest standards, provide a guarantee of accuracy, and ensure to meet the agreed upon deadline. With LUNA, you can have peace of mind knowing your intellectual property investment is secure while we translate it.
What You Can Expect
From the start of your project and until the time of delivery, you will have a dedicated project manager (PM) acting as your point of contact and always ready to help you in any way. The PM who supervises the project will select the best fit translator for your needs and will ensure the final document is proofed and formatted to your specifications.
Final Product Delivery
When we deliver your translated patent documents, we will make sure you receive a digital document compliant with the requirements of the specified country as well as in the file format you prefer. We also deliver hard copies and a certificate of translation when requested. We aim to translate your patent documents as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Our patent translation team understands the strict confidentiality required. Translations and file delivery always follow established security procedures and files are destroyed as needed.
Why Use Our Services
Our global team of expert patent translators is at your service, ready to start your patent translation in more than 200 languages. Call us at 1.317.341.4137 or contact us through our Get A Quote page for a free estimate to translate your patent documents.