LUNA Language Services was founded in 2001 in Indianapolis, Indiana, under the initial name of Indianapolis Interpreters, Inc. Our mission was to provide interpretation and translation services for those with limited English proficiency. Often, the people we helped were immigrants or refugees who relocated to Indiana.
LUNA was founded by Indiana native Christopher Waters, who spent time in the Dominican Republic offering Spanish translation services in the medical field. Upon returning to Indiana, he noticed his home had become increasingly diversified and multilingual, and he saw a need for a translation service. Thus, Indianapolis Interpreters was launched.
In 2014, Indianapolis Interpreters embarked on a rebranding campaign due to our experienced success and growth. As a result, we became LUNA Language Services, a universal name that allowed us to move forward in offering expanded services to individuals around the world.
Today, LUNA provides document translation services, in-person interpretation, and more to the Indianapolis community and beyond. Not only do we offer translation in 200+ languages, but we have grown to add an American Sign Language (ASL) division and many other services to our clients.
LUNA is proud to impact the Indianapolis community through quality document translation services and other forms of interpretation. Some of the industries we serve include:
- Medical Facilities
- Education Institutions
- Legal Offices
- And more!
Certified Translation Services
When you choose LUNA for your Indianapolis translation service needs, you work with a qualified team of professionals. We are proud to follow the highest standards in the translation industry set forth by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). From the beginning of our client interactions through the delivery of the final product, our ISO certifications ensure cross-checks and workflow controls that benefit the translation process.
Here is a look into our ISO certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015 – ISO 9001 is an internationally recognized standard for an organization’s quality management system. Our QMS is applied in both our translation and interpretation services.
- ISO 17100:2015 – ISO 17100 is an international standard for the translation industry that provides requirements for every step of the translation services process.
Serving Indianapolis for Over 20 Years
Since our founding, LUNA has provided translation services to organizations and individuals worldwide. Moving forward, we are working to bridge communication gaps based on language and culture and advocate for equal access to language services for the Deaf and hard of hearing populations. In addition, our language solutions specialists are seeking to further serve individuals with Limited English Proficiency.
LUNA is always eager to connect with more groups and individuals so we can better serve our community and increase language access. We are thrilled about the impact we’ve made through our Indianapolis translation services and want to continue to grow and serve our community as best we can.
Document Translation Services Offered
Curious as to how LUNA can help with your document translation needs? Here is a look at some of our document translation services:
- Legal Documents – If you are a law firm working with international clients or you need legal documents translated for personal reasons, LUNA can help. We have experience translating documents like contracts, litigation materials, license agreements, intellectual property agreements, and more. Quality legal translation can ensure all parties are informed throughout the nuanced legal process. As a law firm, investing in legal translation services can effectively expand your reach to help multilingual communities get the assistance they need navigating the judicial system.
- Medical Records – If you regularly work with patients who speak a different native language from your own, document translation for medical papers is important. You can help ensure patient safety and lower readmission rates by translating medical documents (such as Patient Discharge Instructions) into your patients’ native language. At LUNA, we can provide this quality document translation service near me that goes through our rigorous quality assurance process. When patients clearly understand their medical situation and care instructions, they can better manage their health once they are no longer in your care.
- Immigration Documents – Immigration documents may need to be translated for several reasons, including travel, long-term work, or family purposes. In addition to the translation, some materials may also need professional certification to be accepted by the appropriate institutions. If you are seeking an immigration document translation service, LUNA can help. We have experience translating birth certificates and providing certified translations for immigration materials.
- Education and Academic Content – As an academic institution, making your materials accessible to all community members is important. To expand your reach to multilingual communities, utilize educational and academic content translation. LUNA can help translate website copy and outreach materials like flyers, school brochures, and enrollment information. In addition, you may require translation of curriculum and school program announcements. By using LUNA’s document translation services, you can work to create an inclusive and safe environment for cross-cultural engagement. This is a great way to celebrate all community members and make more students feel welcome.
- Corporate Documents – If your business employs or regularly works with speakers across cultures, consider investing in corporate document translation. Corporate translation includes HR materials, such as employee handbooks, training documents, and benefits information. This translation work could also include internal documents important to your team’s success. By working with professional translators, you can demonstrate to your employees that you are working toward inclusivity and celebrating a cross-cultural workplace. Corporate translation can also inform your employees about company policy, changes, and more.
- Website Translation – No matter the size of your company or the industry you serve, having an accessible website is essential. Often, your website is the first impression your business makes on potential customers. If your site is only accessible to one type of speaker, this could lead to missed opportunities. LUNA can offer website translation to help you expand your reach into new geographic or cultural markets. Our translators are largely native speakers with a wide range of professional and academic experience who can deliver accurate translations no matter the industry.
At LUNA, we offer over 200 languages for our translation services. We also have professional translators certified in American Sign Language (ASL) and Certified Deaf Interpreters and Tactile Interpreters available as needed.
Some of the languages we offer include:
- And so many more!
How Does the Document Translation Process Work?
Every translation project is unique, but there are some steps you can expect to take when you work with the LUNA team. Here is an overview of the document translation process:
- Identifying Your Needs – First, identify your translation needs and where you think our team can help. For document translation, this step may include setting aside proper materials and supplemental documents that you think may help our team. This step may also include requesting a quote from our team, so you have an idea of the cost. Our quotes are free, and we aim to turn around quote requests within 24 hours.
- Connecting with Team – Next, we will connect you with the right members of our team to get your project started. This may include a project manager and a translator who specializes in the languages you need to be translated.
- Confidentiality – No matter the project, LUNA adheres to strict confidentiality agreements that ensure your materials are protected. Our team members follow a code of ethics, confidentiality agreement, and rigorous compliance standards across projects. Before we begin working on your project, we can review our confidentiality standards so you feel comfortable moving forward.
- Final Product Delivery – Now your work is done! Once we have what we need, we will complete the translation and return it to you based on a timeline (this varies depending on the project). We can provide digital delivery of documents and work with you on any special formatting requirements.