Join Our Team
LUNA Language Services welcomes your interest to be a part of our team of contracted American Sign Language and Spoken Language interpreters. We are interested in interviewing multilingual individuals who have a strong desire to help others with their language access.
- We offer interested interpreters competitive wages with flexible working hours, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
- We are committed to provide opportunities for continued education and professional development workshops to help increase the quality and quantity of interpreters across the region.
- We encourage LUNA’s staff and team of interpreters to join our community of language providers to share experiences at our office hub, a place where we invite interpreters to come between appointments, during lunch and during professional development events.
- We have state of the art scheduling software that provides two way communication between our coordinators and our language providers.
For Foreign Language Interpreters, we have greater interpreting needs for rare languages and dialects. Preference will be given to those individuals that have completed interpreter training courses or who are court certified. Having interpreting experience is a necessary requirement for contracting with LUNA.
For ASL Applicants, we expect completion of certification (IIC, NIC or equivalent) and to be considered a member in good standing with the Hard of Hearing and Deaf communities. We have a growing number of interpreting appointments throughout the State of Indiana.
- If you are an ASL interpreter and wish to receive State of Indiana requests, please follow this link for information on State of Indiana work.
- Send your resume to apply@LUNA360.com and fill out the interpreter interest form.
- One of our language service directors will contact you via email for an interview.
- We have a list of client compliance directives that will need to be fulfilled once you have been interviewed and assessed to be able to join our team of Language Providers.
- If you plan to do medical interpreting with our agency, Bridging the Gap medical interpreting course is required for spoken foreign language, as is an additional list of requirements which will be communicated to you after receipt of your resume and interest form.
If you have questions regarding compliance requirements for medical or court interpreting, our Director of Client Services, Rebecca Buchan, will be able to answer them.
Our clients request the following:
- Onsite interpreting in business, medical, social services, and court settings
- Phone interpreting scheduled or last minute from home
- Simultaneous interpreting for conferences, meetings and court proceedings
- Legal certification in any languages where certification is available
We value and appreciate your interest to contact LUNA!