Contact Us Today! 317.341.4137
Are you ready to take that leap of faith into the interpreting world? Feeling excited and maybe a bit anxious about what the life of an ASL interpreter is like? Perhaps you are looking for a “bridge” opportunity that will allow you to ease into the field.
LUNA Language Services is excited to offer a paid fellowship position for a recent graduate from one of Indiana’s interpreter training programs. This is an opportunity for you to step into the ASL interpreting field with supervision, direction and mentoring, while at the same time learning the agency perspective of the interpreting profession. The fellowship duration is at least a six month commitment.
- Graduation from an interpreter training program
- Letter of recommendation from an instructor
- Passed written portion of the Generalist NIC certification exam (or have date set)
Duties of the Fellowship:
- Work an 8 hour day between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Accepts interpreting work that is equal to skill level
- Accepts challenging interpreting work with mentor and/or team
- Works with our staff ASL interpreters in a mentor/mentee role
- Helps with general agency office duties which can include:
– Answering the phone
– Helping to coordinate if needed (this is NOT a coordinating position)
– Help facilitate trainings
– Attend professional development events
– Collaborate on special projects
If you are interested, please contact our Director of ASL Services, Rebecca Buchan at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview and meet our fabulously diverse team of interpreting professionals.