Taking Language and Culture into Consideration
During this virtual conversation, we will explore factors contributing to these disparities like access to healthcare, language barriers, cultural barriers, and pervasive discrimination.
- Overview public health data around COVID-19 to understand where health disparities are currently manifesting
- Identify largest hurdles to accessing care – Identify cultural barriers and behaviors complicating access
- Review access rights of patients and compliance obligations of providers
- Discuss solutions and outreach programs to promote return to care
- Moderator: Marina Hadjioannou Waters, JD, MPH, President of LUNA Language Services
- Brian E. Dixon, PhD, MPA FACMI, FHIMSS, Director of Public Health Informatics, Regenstrief Institute, Inc.
- Dr. Carrie Leathers, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics primary care provider, Eskenazi Health Center Pecar
- Staci Walters, MPH, Chief Quality and Compliance Officer, Shalom Health Care Center