LUNA Language Services is hiring a Language Coordinator to help support our Coordinating Team. We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. The primary responsibilities of this position are to coordinate interpreting assignments for the Spoken Language and American Sign Language Departments.
The person in this position must have exemplary coordination and communication skills, a willingness to work as part of a close team, and a desire to work in a dynamic and multilingual environment.
This job is not remote and located in Indianapolis.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Coordinator Manager for day to day duties
- Responds to inquiries and requests regarding language services from all clients
- Schedules interpreters for pre-scheduled and last-minute requests
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed by performing general needs of the coordinating team (i.e. help with special projects) in between the functions mentioned previously
Language Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
- Welcoming customer service skills (Telephone skills, verbal communication), Microsoft Office skills, listening, professionalism, customer service oriented, ability to work effectively in a variety of fast pace situations
- Ability to be flexible with work hours
- Comfortable with suggesting process improvements
- A desire to make others feel welcome and comfortable
- Organizational skills and ability to create systems and operate them efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal English skills with near-native proficiency
- Having previous receptionist-related experience would be a plus!
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of Language Services
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of positions given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their departments. Specific job-related duties assigned by hiring departments shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be construed as expanding a particular position’s role, scope, FLSA status, or grade.