LUNA Language Services is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant to help support the general operations of our dynamic and diverse company. We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail.
To be successful as an Administrative Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative Assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. To be chosen for this role, you must have a positive, friendly attitude, and value all types of diversity. Having previous receptionist-related experience would be a plus!
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Answering, transferring, and handling incoming calls.
- Welcoming visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, and welcoming and directing people appropriately.
- Directing visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions and notifying company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries including some basic intake and deliveries of client and interpreter materials.
- Coordinating conference/training/meeting room setup and scheduling of those rooms, as well as providing tours, introductions, coffee, water, etc. as needed.
- Maintaining office supply inventory; ordering snacks, meals, and office supplies as needed.
- Serving as a contact for vendors who provide regular and on-demand service to the office.
- Maintaining safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Helping with special projects across the organization.
- Provide notes for meetings when requested.
- Provide administrative support, project work, technical support and language services to other departments, as needed.
- Mailing for translation projects and managing returned mail.
- File preparation for PDF to Word files (if file does not convert).
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Telephone skills; verbal communication; Microsoft Office skills; listening; professionalism; customer focus; organization; informing others; ability to work effectively in a variety of situations; willingness to learn new things; comfortable with suggesting process improvements; a desire to make others feel welcome and comfortable; high school degree or equivalent; additional language and/or marketing skills preferred, but not required.
Reporting Relationships: Director of People and Culture
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of positions given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their departments. Specific job-related duties assigned by hiring departments shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be construed as expanding a particular position’s role, scope, FLSA status, or grade.