Due to the nature of the listed complaints, LUNA will handle the situation with diplomacy, decorum and professionalism using the following steps as a guide:
- Attempt to resolve the complaining “in house” while minimizing disruption of services to the consumer as much as possible.
- Document facts of the situation.
- Can be anonymous if necessary, but the more information the better.
- Follow up with those involved with complaint to make sure it was resolved.
- Follow up two weeks after complaint was sent to make sure complaint was resolved.
Due to the gravity of the grievances listed above, LUNA will handle the situation with diplomacy, decorum and professionalism using the following steps:
- Must collect grievance in documented written/video form (cannot be anonymous).
- Notification of grievances
- For a state funded assignment, DHHS must be made aware as soon as grievance is received, even before resolution and will be involved in the resolution process as needed.
- For a non-state funded assignment, LUNA’s management team will be made aware as soon as the grievance is received and will be involved in the resolution process as needed.
- Other stakeholders, including interpreter, will be notified after resolution has been found.
- Find resolution with as little disruption to services as possible.
Two Levels: Examples of Complaints and Grievances
|Types of complaints||Types of grievances|
|Not arriving on time or at all||Breaching confidentiality|
|Leaving early without notification to agency||Poor business practices (i.e. taking advantage of state or agency system)|
|Showing outward disrespect to assignment stakeholders||Unprofessional boundaries|
|Team interpreter not working||An individual allows their state or national certification lapse or has it taken away|
|Lack of skill for the job||Interpreter engaged in illegal activity|
|Not a good interpreter/consumer match||HIPAA violation|
|Personality issues||Drug/alcohol violation|
IMPORTANT: LUNA has the responsibility of referring serious infractions (complaints or grievances) to the staff at DHHS (for state funded assignments), regardless of whether or not resolution has been found.
Contacts for Complaints or Grievances:
Anonymous feedback should be emailed to feedback@LUNA360.com.
To report incidents involving greivances or anything requiring a further conversation should be sent to one of the following LUNA representatives:
Rebecca Buchan, Director of ASL services and Education
Christopher Waters, President
If there is any emergent issue that arises in the course of an assignment, a LUNA representative is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
LUNA Language Services Office: